15 February 2011

How I Came to Oppose Islam

My first ever blog post! Although I've posted a ton of facebook notes, and before that a ton of myspace bulletins. See my profile for more details. It's about time I got a proper blog.

Anyway...


I received the following question via private message. As usual, my response was longer than I intended, so I figured I might as well share it with everyone rather than spend all that time and effort on just one person. Enjoy!

Hey dude i've been on your profile page and seen some of your favs just trying to sort some facts out. Also lately with all this islam in the media people have a wide spectrum of views as is an obvious repercussion of any mass media craze.

You speaking about 9/11, i was on the roof of a school building in north jersey the day the planes hit i saw the first plane hit the first tower from across the hudson, so this tragedy isnt something i heard about or saw on the news, i experienced it. yet there are so many conclusions that are unreachable, so many loose ends, so many emotions couped up. i want to know when u reached the brim enough to take such a radical stance.

I would really like it if you could clarify your views as i would like an insight on your perspective.

Thank you for your message. You phrase it well: "i want to know when u reached the brim enough to take such a radical stance."

After 9/11, I gave islam the benefit of the doubt. I assumed that the terrorists could not possibly represent true islam. I watched President Bush's speech to a joint session of Congress nine days later, when he said "Its teachings are good and peaceful, and those who commit evil in the name of Allah blaspheme the name of Allah. The terrorists are traitors to their own faith, trying, in effect, to hijack Islam itself." I listened to this same message from so many muslim speakers, Hollywood celebrities, television personalities... basically it was everywhere. I believed it for a long time, and I repeated it anytime I heard someone criticize islam.

Turns out that I had no idea what I was talking about, and neither did anyone else with this message, unless they were lying. I think there were two events that pushed me this far. The first was when my favorite show, South Park, had an episode pulled off the air thanks to death threats from muslims. The network was cowardly, but the creators are role models for me, not just for their brilliant writing, but also their bravery in the face of death threats.

So I decided that I should educate myself on islam. There is a documentary entitled "Islam: What the West Needs to Know" which I HIGHLY recommend to anyone. It's mainly composed of interviews with former muslims, and other experts. In my opinion, there is no better source of information on true islam than a former muslim. They are incredibly brave to speak out at great risk to their lives, and receive more death threats than they can count. If you have Netflix, it's available for instant streaming. I would also highly recommend "Undercover Mosque" from the BBC, which is available on google video. Reporters pose as converts and bring hidden cameras into a mosque that's supposed to be the most moderate and tolerant in Britain. What really goes on is frightening.

The second event that pushed me towards the edge was planned quran-burning on 9/11 of 2010. I was opposed to this event because I do not agree with book burning, I didn't want to upset peaceful muslims, and most importantly I didn't want to put our troops in extra danger. However, book burning is free expression, and is thus protected by the First Amendment. I watched the hateful criticism pour in from non-muslims, and the flag-burning protests and death threats from muslims. Burning books is wrong, but it's not something to kill over.

The more I learned about islam, both its history and its present, and its holy books, the more disgusted I became. There are many websites that have excellent resources, and I think these are the best two:
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Main_Page
The first one does a phenomenal job of keeping track of terror attacks (there have been 16,773 since 9/11) and also has tons of links to news articles, and has some excellent essays on quran and hadith verses. The second is wiki-style, and is maintained by former muslims. I cannot say enough good things about either of these sites.

People like to say that "there are extremists in every religion", but they neglect to mention that islam has far more extremists than any other religion, and even extremist non-muslims are very rarely violent. Islam kills on a daily basis, and has been doing so without pause for 1400 years, because they are mandated to bring the entire world under islamic rule and sharia law. Fact is, the only difference between the extremists and the so-called "moderates" is how they wish to accomplish this. The moderates want to conquer us peacefully: through immigration, over-breeding, and deceptive conversion; and when they have a majority then they will be able to elect themselves into all political offices, and gradually replace Western law with sharia law. This isn't some fantasy, or some conspiracy theory. They have openly stated that this is their goal, and they have a plan in place. Sharia law is cruel and barbaric, it severely restricts freedom of any kind, it ensures that non-muslims have far fewer rights and pay far more taxes than muslims, and treats women as little better than animals. It does not belong in the 21st century, nor any time at all since the Renaissance. Because they can conquer us completely legally, something must be done. Islam must be banned from civilized countries, or perhaps intelligence agencies need to put something in their water supply that makes them sterile. I wish we had the answer.

But there are many people who call us "racist", even though islam is not a race, and we are simply spreading the truth about a hateful and violent ideology. I have decided that the truth is more important than concerning myself with ignorant opinions like this. You will never hear me say that I hate muslims, or arabs, or any other group of people. I hate islam, and I have the deepest pity for muslims who have been brainwashed by islam since birth. Non-muslims who defend islam have this fanciful idea that if we are tolerant and respectful of muslims, then they will return the favor. It would be wonderful if this actually worked. There would never be any war ever again. But sadly this is not the case. Islam has no problem steamrolling over the entire world, and the more peaceful and tolerant their enemies are, the easier it will be. I will work all my life to prevent this, and if that means that those I am trying to help will vilify me, then so be it.

"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." -Thomas Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment